1. (sometimes shortened to prop head or prophead ) Someone who is exceptionally, perhaps weirdly bright or knowledgeable, especially in some technical field.
2. See below.
In addition to being the owner, pilot and pointy-head-in-charge at Propellerheads, Parker Gyokeres was an award winning U.S. Air Force Photojournalist who recently retired from 22 years of distinguished service to dedicate his life to changing the way we see our world.
Gyokeres joined the U.S. Air Force in 1992 as an F-16 and F-15 weapons system technician before cross-training to become a public affairs photojournalist in 2006. He has 22 years of worldwide expeditionary experience, to include three deployments to Afghanistan and one to Iraq.
He has captured nearly a million images in the course of his award winning career and merges his passion for photography with his technical expertise as the founder of Propellerheads.
As a remote control pilot and builder, he has been active in the hobby for ten years and has extensive experience with the design, construction and operation of both multicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. Please contact Propellerheads for your next hand-built aerial photography vehicle.
He also advocates and educates about the safe, responsible use of small UAVs for aerial photography at speaking and training events nationwide. His goal is to build acceptance and the safe use of this exiting new capability in the hands of professional photographers and filmmakers. He firmly believes this technology is no different from the use of helicopters and manned aircraft for aerial photography, and that this technology is safer, less expensive and provides better results.
United States Air Force, Retired
Board member, Professional Society of Drone Journalists.
U.S. Air Force photojournalism award winner (2013)
Six-time USAF Air Combat Command award winner.
15-time USAF Air Mobility Command award winner.
Written and photographic works featured in:
- The Great Books Foundation (in cooperation with the Wounded Warrior Foundation) "Standing Down, from Warrior to Civilian"
- National Endowment for the Arts anthology "Operation Homecoming, Writing the Wartime Experience,"
- The New Yorker's Annual Fiction Edition, 2010
- 60 Minutes (Australia)
- Smithsonian Air and Space Magazine
- Fox News
- The Washington Post
- The Military Times
- Gawker Media
- Stars and Stripes
- Secrets of Speed Magazine
- EMS World
- Armed Forces Network
- Citizen Airman Magazine
- USA Weekend Magazine (USA Today)
- Air Force Magazine
- Airman Magazine, Showcase, Year In Photos 2013
- Soldier Of Fortune Magazine
- Hemmings Motor News
- CheckPoints (Cover) (U.S. Air Force Academy Alumni Magazine)
- Military Officer Magazine (Cover)
- U.S. Air Force Calendar, 2010
- U.S. Air Force Year in Photos, 2012, 2013
- U.S. Marine Corps Year in Photos, 2012